Racquet & TAX’s Submission Policy
Racquet & TAX does not focus on exclusive editorials or shoots. We place emphasis on profiling creatives and looking at their broad section of work, alongside understanding them better as humans – the regular lifeforms we all strip back to when the camera disappears or the paintbrush rests comfortably against the easel. Before submitting to Racquet & TAX, read the entirety of this document carefully. It might also help to read our ethos.
For the purpose of clarity, Racquet & TAX’s domain may be referred to as ‘zine’, the ‘website’, ‘domain’ or any other clearly applicable term. Racquet & TAX is a collaborative venture between Racquet Studio (Australia) and The Tax Collection (USA), and thus stipulations in this agreement cover both the www.racquetandtax.com home domain, both parent companies, and all associated social media channels.
The person submitting content to the website may be referred to as the ‘submitter’, ‘artist’, ‘website user’, ‘user’ or any other clearly applicable term.
If the below agreement is not clear at any point, we recommend you seek second opinion prior to the continuation of your submission.
- You retain the copyright to your submitted media. By submitting this media, you acknowledge that at the time of submission, and indefinitely, you retained the full copyright and were freely able to provide us with said media. Your submission grants us the non-exclusive access to use the media indefinitely, unless otherwise stated, on our website and associated platforms.
- Racquet & TAX is run by Racquet Studio and The TAX Collection. By submitting work, you acknowledge that the media may appear on any digital mediums associated with the brands above. As the copyright holder, you will be duely credited.
- Racquet & TAX will not take advantage of artists or anyone who submits work to the site. Our primary goal is to help creatives excel in their field, using marketing and advertising methods we’ve utilised for over a decade.
- All submissions to Racquet & TAX should be done in good faith, and Racquet & TAX will assume as much. The onus is on the submitter to ensure the rules stipulated throughout this page are adhered to, ensuring that no conflict arises during the submission process.
By submitting to Racquet & TAX, you agree:
- The text, media, assets, photography, art and/or other material you have submitted are free to be published by Racquet & TAX on its website, founding brand’s websites, and all associated social media channels. This agreement remains in place, perpetually, from the time of submission. Should circumstances arise in which you wish for media to be removed, written notice must be provided by the submitter requesting that all posting is to cease on a date specified. It is not expected that Racquet & TAX cease such activity in less than four days (or 96 hours) after the written notice is received.
- Your submission and its prospective publication will not infringe on any third party rights, laws or otherwise.
- By submitting media, it is not expected that Racquet & TAX will publish the media, either in part or in full. Should Racquet decide not to publish the submitted media, the entity owes nil to the artist for time rendered completing the submission form.
- If models are included in your media, you agree that you have legally-sound, signed model release form all models contained in your media. By submitting, you agree that you can supply this form(s) to Racquet & TAX if requested.
- You acknowledge that you have full permission to use any third party assets prevalent in the submitted media, including – but not limited to – the location depicted, any materials and objects within – significant or otherwise – and any third parties that appear, partially or in full.
- The media you submitted has not been submitted to AND published by an alternate print or digital platform that requires exclusivity over the media you’ve provided us.
Upon submission, you accept that:
- Racquet & TAX hold full discretion over which images they do and do not publish. More often than not, these decisions are made based on theme restrictions or elements outside of our control.
- In addition to the above, Racquet & TAX are rightfully allowed to crop images when and if required. You accept and understand that these modifications are done solely for the purpose of site clarity. They are not intended to detract from your work or portray it in a light that deviates from your intention.
- In unison with the media component of all submissions, Racquet & TAX will adapt provided text where required. This involves the shortening of sentences, correcting grammar, removing segments of text, profanity, and other similar elements. It is not Racquet & TAX’s intention to misconstrue the message made by the submitter, though by submitting text, you acknowledge the right of Racquet to modify it in the ways outlined above.
- The lifetime of your work on Racquet & TAX is not infinite. While it is not our intention, unfortunate and rare circumstances occasionally result in work being deleted. It is the responsibility of the artist to keep relevant backups, so that in such cases, work is replaceable.
- Racquet & TAX will not be held accountable for work lost, nor will it owe expenses occurred by an artist(s) should work disappear for unforeseen circumstances. Please view further details in the below, ‘Liabilities’ section.
- Racquet & TAX will often host third party applications, banners, websites, links and other material. We are not responsible for anything encountered outside our domain.
- Anyone using Racquet & TAX does not assume the site is free from error – either significant or minor. Similarly, users of the site accept that omissions are plausible and likely, and therefore do not take the entirety of the Racquet & TAX page as fact.
- We cannot guarantee that the website, or any of the content on it, will always be
available. At times, the website will be unavailable
- We reserve the right to withdraw or amend the Website, including these terms, without notice.
Racquet & TAX will not be liable for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred by you in connection with the Website or in connection with the use, inability to use, or results of the use of the Website and any materials posted on it. This includes, but is not limited to:
- loss of income or revenue
- loss of business
- loss of profits or contracts
- loss of anticipated savings
- loss of data
- loss of goodwill
- wasted management or office time
- and any other loss or damage of any kind, however arising and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable.
Linking to the website
You may link to our pages provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage or take advantage of our reputation. You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association with us if no such association exists. Our inclusion of you on the site is not a commencement of a working relationship or otherwise. You must not establish a link on any website that is not owned by you, for example in online forums, chats or message boards, commonly referred to as ‘backlinking’. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
If you have questions on the above, contact us: zine [at] racquetstudio.com.